Mixed Media Art Storytelling With Powerful Results!
Storytelling Art Studio shows you how to create mixed media art that tells impactful stories. It's a creative guide for mining your own life to manifest imaginary worlds, emotional narratives and clever characters. Each chapter presents a new subject--you may paint a tree, collage a landscape or use sgraffito to create a scene. You will begin with inspirational warm-up exercises, then learn how to do it with a step-by-step demonstration and even get to see alternate versions of the piece that explore the magic and impact of different choices.
Perfect for you no matter what your skill level or style, this book does not have to be read in order. Simply choose what you would like to do and go for it! You might:
- Paint and collage trees and landscapes
- Create a romantic scene with sgraffito
- Add color to black and white photographs
- Alter a book page
- Create a family tree with ephemera
- And much, much more!
10 projects and 10 inspiration exercises
My Book is now shipping! If you participated in my pre-order giveaway, please be sure to write a review on amazon & share the book on social media with #storytellingart studio to be eligible for one of my great prizes. See below for details.
1 WINNER -- My Original encaustic painting, "The Storyteller"
"The Storyteller" is a 24x12 inch encaustic painting on 1" cradled wood panel. It was created with multiple layers of fused, pigmented beeswax which were then carved for a highly textural 3d effect. Bits of broken glass are embedded in the wax to highlight key areas and sprinkle them with glittery magic. The moon is made of gold leaf. The snippet of poetry behind the girl are from Mary Oliver.
2 winners: Hand-Painted Journal for your own beautiful stories & my Love STory & Kilim Stencils
3 winners: 70-Card Story Card Oracle Deck & Instruction Booklet
4 winners: A Copy of the book to keep or give as a gift to a friend!
5 Winners: Signed Special Edition Velvet Fine Art Print of Your Choice
HOW TO win
- Pre-order our book on Amazon.com by June 15, 2017
- Forward your email receipt to cathy Nichols at: firstname.lastname@example.org as proof of purchase. Receipts will be entered into the drawing for prizes.
- Read the book and leave a review on the book page on Amazon.com
- Talk about the book on social media with the tag #storytellingartstudio